Wednesday 30 January 2013

How it all started

Well, this is Something New, starting a blog, I like trying new things.
It was my intention to create a blog long ago, actually 2007 when I also started with my Flick , Facebook, YouTube  account but I had totally forgotten until today. Why today ? Well, I'm taking a course on E-Learning and Digital Cultureshttps://class.coursera.org/edc-001/class/index and seems that everybody out there had a blog !, I was fine with my Flick and Facebook daily interaction after work. However, this course had made me realised how many platforms are out there available and free to use.
It was overwhelming when I started the course last Sunday, there was sooo much to read and too much information coming from different places all over the world ( 40.000 students ! ) that I felt lost and gave up after spending almost five hours trying to catch up with all the social networks, the assignments, and the Forum.

On Monday, I started to take things slower, watched the Film Festival again and took notes this time , and then I went back to the Forum for feedback. After that, I did some heavy reading on Technological or Media by Daniel Chandler http://web.archive.org/web/20121110225939/http://www.aber.ac.uk/media/Documents/tecdet/tecdet.html, and there I met again with my old friends Marx, Rousseau and many others that have given me a lot of  food for the thought in the past, but were a little bit forgotten due to the long working hours. I have to say, after reading and analysing the texts I was more prepared to back to the Forum with some theory to support my ideas on the Popular Cultures videos. There are 4 videos to be watched, analysed and discussed :
Here it is the first , Bendito Machine III, have a look and feel free to add some comments about how technology is shown in this video :

No comments:

Post a Comment