Wednesday 30 January 2013

Utopian or Dystopian ?

The second video assigned was called Inbox

 

The discussion here was about Utopian or Dystopian . I found it to be both at times although I was leaning more towards the Dystopian side.
The parallel between the use or not use of technology called my attention here, and also effective communication. As a teacher I think that effective communication is an essential competence, and excuse me if I use that term, but I wonder if with technology ,making major important changes in our society, we become less human and more machines; ... that lead us to the third video in discussion, Thursday :


In this animated short film you will see how nature and technology live together, what is there to gain and what is there to lose. I was very depressed when I watched it first, the artist with those shapes and grey colours is sending us a message already . See for yourself ! Enjoy and leave me some feedback




1 comment:

  1. Well done starting your blog Valia Andrea, like you it has taken a few days to get may bearings, but I think a blog is going to be a very useful way to crystalise thoughts & gather together useful links.

    ReplyDelete